Thursday, January 24, 2013

Bitter-sweet

Today I pulled into the Grayling Mercy Hospital at 5:32 am, and one minute later at 5:33 a baby was born. As I arrived on the med-surg floor where I have been doing clinicals, my teacher came up to me and said "I'm going to send you down to OB, a baby was just born". I think I about jumped through the roof. I was so excited. It was a really good day, I got to ask the nurses a lot of questions and caring for a newborn baby is just the best! 
It was a good reminder of how precious life is yet, how babies are born into a sin-cursed world. Bitter-sweet. I was again reminded that even though everything seems against this new little life, with Christ, all things are possible!
With love
~Cherry~

1 comment:

  1. That is amazing. Although I thought at first that you would say you had gotten to see the birth...
    What a precious picture, too. =)

    ReplyDelete