Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Lots of Snow and no Power

Hello Friends!
I thought I should give you a little picture of life here the last few days. It started on Friday, around seven in the evening: it started to snow, lots and lots of snow. On Saturday morning, I woke up to the most amazing sight. The recent 10" of snow we had gotten, was joined by another 10". It was absolutely gorgeous! The snow was really wet and heavy and covered every little branch. Beautiful. Also, I woke up to no power. I was really excited, because I love power outages. However, we had close to 400 guests at camp. Hmmm. Well, everyone ended up having to go home on Saturday night because we had no way to keep everybody warm. This was really too bad, but everyone was really sweet about it and that made things a lot easier. So, anyway, the power at our house was out for the next 55 hours and I had the time of my life! I think having the power go out is one of the biggest adventures, and I love adventures. We have a wood stove, and our cooking stove is gas, so we do alright with no power. Plus, we do have a generator so we can get a shower once in a while. I have pictures from some things I did while we didn't have electricity that I'll show you all later, but right now I just hope you have a marvelous day, and are encouraged by Christ and his work on the cross for us.

"For the love of Christ controls us, because we have concluded this: that one had died for all, therefore all have died; and he died for all, that those who live might no longer live for themselves but for him who for their sake died and was raised."
~2 Corinthians 5:14-15~

With love,
~Cherry~

No comments:

Post a Comment