Friday, January 13, 2012

Saturday nights

When I was little, my sister and I used to take baths on Saturday night, get all squeaky clean, brush our teeth, comb our hair, put on our fuzzy pink bathrobes and go sit in front of the TV. What were we waiting for? The Laurence Welk Show of course! We used to love to make fun of it: the orange suits, the big hair, the funny microphones, the face scenes, the jiggling jowls, the "seventiesness" of it all. However, I did like it when these four girls sang. I thought they were so pretty and I liked the way they harmonized with each other. I haven't watched the show in a long time, but I was thinking about maybe taking a bath tomorrow night brushing my teeth and combing my hair, putting my bathrobe on and sitting down in front of the TV to watch The Laurence Welk Show.

No comments:

Post a Comment