Monday, November 21, 2011

Peace

This thing of teaching Pioneer Clubs seems to be God's way of gently teaching me things. This week's lesson was on peace. When I first thought about teaching this lesson, I wasn't sure how to talk about it with fourth-graders. However, when I began to search it out more I started to think of it more as a lack of worry. This way of thinking about peace is so different than just thinking of it as a warm fuzzy "all get along" kind of way that the world portrays it as. I am a very good person at justifying my worry. I can come up with all kinds of good excused to make my plain and simple anxiety look like a deserved attitude. This is not right, and if I am claiming to have the Spirit living in me, I think I should let Him take control and evidence his work in my life. The Fruit of the Spirit - you know!


No comments:

Post a Comment