Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Old School

I have been doing some computer shopping lately, as I will need to have my own device  to write papers on and do other such studious things in the near future. However, I soon became shocked to learn how much you  can spend on such a contraption and a little voice whispered in my head "remember your old blue Royal typewriter? Save hundreds and reuse". The thrifty side of me listened, and last night I got out my old blue Royal typewriter and looked it over. I think I could do it ... yes. For decades students used their old trusty typewriters to write their long and many drafts of papers until suddenly this thing came along called a computer and changed the world. But, thousands of people functioned without a computer and I think I could too, if I wasn't such a wimp. So, maybe I should bone up and over come the wimp side of me, listen to the thrifty and use that old blue Royal typewriter. Or, maybe I should listen to the wimp side and buy a computer (after all, you can't update a blog on a typewriter).

2 comments:

  1. *sniff sniff* I miss typewriters, but I would miss you even more not updating your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mrs. Troyer,
    there are a LOT of pluses to a computer, I guess I was being reminiscent. Good ol' times!

    ReplyDelete