Monday, October 31, 2011

If

I wanted to share with you some of the words that have encouraged me tonight. These hit me differently after having spent the afternoon teaching young minds about the fruit of the Spirit. Is this evident in my life as well?


If I am afraid to speak the truth, lest I lose affection, or lest the one concerned should say, "You do not understand," or because I fear to lose my reputation for kindness; if I put my own good name before the other's highest good, then I know nothing of Calvary love.


If I hold on to choices of any kind, just because they are my choice, then I know nothing of Calvary love.



If I myself dominate myself, if my thoughts revolve round myself, if I am so occupied with myself I rarely have "a heart at leisure from itself," then I know nothing of Calvary love.

If, the moment I am conscious of the shadow of self crossing my threshold, I do not shut the door, and keep that door shut, then I know nothing of Calvary love.


                ~Amy Carmichael~

No comments:

Post a Comment