Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The TImes, they are a Changin'

I was devastated, back in 2006, when the St. Louis Cardinals beat the Detroit Tigers in the World Series. And somehow, I am now cheering for the same team I despised five years ago. How can this be? Well, one reason is that the team the Cardinals are playing defeated the Tigers in the play-offs this year, but another reason I am rooting for the Cardinals is that they have an amazing comeback story. The story goes like this: beginning of September they are back 9.5 games, they win a bunch including number 162 and to everyones amazement clinch later on that night when the Braves lose number 162, once in the play-offs, they beat the best team in the NL, then win one more series, and now they are playing in the World Series! Isn't that one of the best under-dog stories you've ever heard? Well, these are just two of the reasons I am cheering them on. It just goes to show that anything can happen: in baseball and also in my loyalties.

No comments:

Post a Comment