Monday, October 17, 2011

The American Farmer

As I pulled up to Crabapple Farm today (that is where I clean)I was struck with what a beautiful thing a farm is. A farm is so very  quintessentially American. The Kittens: Calvin, and Hobbs are quietly curled up around the pumpkins at the door, and the sound of 
gentle mooing greets me from across the pasture as I walk up the 
steps to the front door. I enjoy the down to earth conversations
I have with the farmers wife as I clean up farm dirt tracked across
the utility room floor by the two mischievous boys who live
upstairs. Ahhh...... the life of a farmer. Not that it's easy mind 
you, but there is a kind of reward in itself of getting to live
so closely with the sights and smells of God's creation 
all around you. Here is a tribute to the American Farmer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment